Monday, November 5, 2007

Coon Hunting

Bob and I almost bagged a raccoon last night. We were driving home in the dark when two bright eyes, followed by a plump furry body with a ringed tail, scampered inches in front of our vehicle. We were able to skid our vehicle to a stop and the not so cuddly creature reached the other side of the road safely. Then we started sharing coon stories. When I lived in Tigard, I had two HUGE raccoons that lived in the forested area behind me tramp through my yard often. One Saturday morning they stopped on the deck and stared me down. Happily I was inside my home and when they decided I wasn’t scared enough to cave to their demand of some food, well, they moved on. Bob shared his story of the raccoons that walked through our yard last month. They haven’t noticed our pond, or they just fish unsuccessfully at night. We will be serious about a coon hunt if they choose our fish for their midnight snack!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd rather hunt coons than skunks!
Bob

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!!! I remember a time at Seaside when we had a family of raccoons who wanted IN our motel room. They were real beggars! And they were really funny -- very tame, yet still wild. Nice blog site! Well done!!!