Monday, March 3, 2008

Mondays


On Mondays, Bob heads back to work and I have a catch up and clean up day. I don’t work on Mondays and so I try to organize my week. I often have coffee with a friend. I have extra time to read blogs. I do laundry and plan the week’s menu. I find a new recipe to try, pay some bills, run errands and go shopping for groceries. I have more time for personal devotions and usually drink more coffee than other days. Some Mondays I steal away a couple of hours of pleasure reading. One Monday each month, I organize a group of people that fill food boxes at the food bank. These boxes are delivered to shut ins around town. Sometimes I scrap all this getting stuff done, and head into Portland to see friends, family or do some shopping. In the evening, we get to have a conversation with Ben and Libby on the video cam and see our grandson. Ahh, Mondays feel good.

No comments: