Saturday, February 16, 2008

License Information



I threw it away. I knew the day was coming, but I did take in my breath sharply before I tossed my renewal forms into the recycling. The toughest part of the decision was really last summer when I decided not to sign up for the classes that I would need to have completed to renew my license. So, it’s official. When my teaching license expires in May of this year that part of my identity is gone. I will no longer be a licensed teacher.

I LOVE teaching! But I also love the freedom of not teaching. I enjoyed going on vacation last week and not writing sub plans. I am enjoying today without any papers to grade weighing heavy on my mind. I love that I get to teach and work at my church. But, I still have a big sigh, now and then, that I am not a teacher anymore.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Congratulations on a new era in your life. Isn't it funny how we can have such varied emotions about a new change?