Saturday, December 29, 2007

Heirloom Locket

We have a locket in our family that is passed down to the oldest daughter.  My great grandmother received it on her sixteenth birthday.  She passed it to her daughter when she, my grandmother, turned sixteen and since my grandmother did not have any daughters, she gave it to me when I turned sixteen.
Since I do not have any daughters, I had the privilege of passing it to my oldest niece, Jenna. She turned sixteen this year!

That is my Great Grandmother Michael's picture on the far left and Grandma Ann on the right. They are both sixteen in those pictures.
There's space on the back of the locket for Jenna to have her initials and the year of her sixteenth birthday engraved. Someday when she is a mom, she can pass it to her oldest daughter.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That is such a neat family tradition. I love it that the pictures are both of them at 16.

Anonymous said...

That is really cool, I didn't know about the locket thing until I read the site. I like it a lot, what a cool moment for you and Jenna!!!

Mike Conan