Thursday, December 20, 2007

Adding Insult to Injury



Adding insult to injury or perhaps I should say adding infection to surgery. Almost unbelievable that I could get such a tough infection in my “good” foot during this recovery time, but I did. I fought the ingrown toenail infection for four days and just could not get it under control. So, at yesterday doctor’s appointment for the recent surgery, he checked out my other foot and removed the two sides of my big toenail and added a drop of acid on each side to the growth plate. Thankfully, once the infection clears, it will be a quick recovery. It already feels so much better. Walking is hilarious at this time. I must wear a high heel to match the boot height, but can’t have a closed toe, so yeah for high flip flops. And I had always thought this pair of flip flops had been an impulse buy and a waste of money! Now I really appreciate them.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

OH man. What a drag! I hope it heals up quickly.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, I am SO sorry that you have BOTH feet affected! OUCH! I just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas! Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Yikes, didn't know about this. Should be keeping up better.