Friday, November 14, 2008

Five Wonderful Years


We traded cards today . . . mine made from an envelope (yup there's a story there) and his searched for at the store. The first year we were married, we were out of the country on Valentine's Day and I had remembered to buy some chocolates and tuck into my suitcase for my husband, but I did not remember a card. He had purchased a beautiful card and so after I received the card, I nabbed the red envelope to make a card for him. Now I almost always use his envelope to "make" the card he will get for special occasions.

We enjoyed a dinner out at one of our favorite restaurants. We read our marriage vows to each other and we are ever so thankful to God for bringing us together.

2 comments:

Dean Christensen said...

Congratulations you guys! Can't believe it's been 5 years already.

Keep on loving the Lord and each other.

Dean

Tracy said...

How have I been missing your recent posts? Congratulations on your fifth! We will have ours this year as well. Dec. 31st. We're staying in Medford on the day this time. We'll see if we can find a party to attend. Then we're heading to Bend for a little vacation. It doesn't seem like 5 years, does it?