Monday, May 26, 2008

Big Change, Part Two


The day after I made my decision to resign from children’s ministry leadership, I saw an opportunity at a private school in our town. I made an inquiry call to set up discussion of the leadership needs at the school. At the beginning of the week, I was looking at the possibilities of volunteering to do some teacher training, observation and evaluation. By the end of day two, I had put together a resume. Day three, I had a long phone conversation about the elementary principal position. Day four, I received a job description for the principal position and had a face to face conversation with the superintendent and day five, I interviewed with the search committee for the elementary principal position. I could now see God’s leading in when and why I was to resign from the church ministry position. I was appointed as the elementary principal of Horizon Christian School last Monday night at their board meeting. That was just one week ago today! I love being in the center of God’s will and am excited about what he has in store for me as part of the Horizon team.

3 comments:

amancay said...

oh wow, congratulations!

how exciting for our town, that school.. and you! yay!

Jennifer said...

Kim, this is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing how God is so obviously working in your life. Those kids are going to adore you (and so will the parents). It almost makes me want to move my family to HR. :-)

Tracy said...

Wowzer dowzer! That is a change. How exciting. I think that the school will be very blessed to have you there. Especially since God has so clearly placed you there.